Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday - Day 22 Only five more days left!!!

The hike is called Central Park...A walk in the park IT IS NOT!!! Lots of sand at first then, lots of climbing sandstone mountains (which I love). This is my second favorite pic I have had taken out here. I climbed up that rock like I owned that bad boy! We have a great group for hiking this week. Randi (in the black up front) Sean (on the bottom right - who is here for 19 weeks) and Mary (in the blue up front) and I were together today. The other guys were off at the gun and a mountain ahead of us at every turn. It was actually pretty comical because we would climb a mountain and they would yell at us from the next mountain over. Randi would say, "How did they get over there?" and we would say, "How do you climb a mountain?" "ONE STEP AT A TIME", everyone would yell at the same time. This was Randi's first week, but she said she loves hiking with us. And we love her too:)


Terrilynn (second from left) was a little nervous to be in the Advanced A group but these three girls are all new and in her group so I introduced her to them this morning and told them if they needed anything Terrilynn was the expert. They all seemed to hit it off like a charm.




Randi, Me, and Mary. Quite a view.






Here's what I mean about the other group being on the next mountain. That's how far off they were each time. We did that about four times.








Mary and Sean lining up to do the 'handicap ramp'










Beautiful view of Snow Canyon from the cliff.












Me at the top. Another sucessful hike:)














We were laughing so hard we couldn't figure out what to do, about that time Randi dropped her camera case off the cliff, but Kai the hiking guide went all the way down to get it.
















This is called 'Indiana Jones'. It's a long rock wall that goes up at least 12 feet on each side and you only have about 15 inches clearance. There was even a dead mouse near the end. It was very much like the movie except no snakes LOL!


















One of my favorite hiking guides, Kelli. Fellow cougars unite!!!! She makes the greatest animal noises ever. The spider monkey sounds totally authentic. Love you and will miss you Kelli *smooches*




















Breakfast was a banana smoothie but since you only get 8 oz and an English muffin, I chose...of course, the eggs and toast. They were out of the green chili sauce Urg... This is squash soup.






















Turkey sloppy joe, Who knew...right? Better than the original by a long shot. The salad is with apples and blueberries and a strawberry vinegrette.
























Chicken on mashed sweet potatos with carrots and brussel sprouts. I was hungry from three hours in the pool, so I had the additional salad.


























Oh, my love:)




What a long day. Loved the hike. It's called Central Park, but let me tell ya, a walk in the park it ain't!!! Lots of ups and downs and lots of hanging our butts out over rocks that weren't meant for that! Did stretch and pool and then three pools for the afternoon. I'm trying to baby my knee so it will feel good for the hikes this week. Also the pool is way better for working out the arms. I have met so many new and wonderful people. Randi and her dad are going to Coyote Gulch, and art community close to here, on Saturday and told me I could ride along. I'm looking forward to going. Gosh it seems like I just got here. Where has the time gone? I will be so glad to get home, but so sad to miss all the great people here at Fitness Ridge. Some of the trainers are finished for the week and we already said our good byes. I hope I will get to come back again. I think this place becomes a part of you.




























2 comments:

  1. You´re amazing! Definitely doctor that knee, so you won´t have any problems finishing up your time there. I´m hungry now from looking at your food photos, but I´m not going to get a late-night snack - you´re my inspiration. :-) Looking forward to seeing you soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,
    Can't tell you how much you will miss that food! And, having someone else prepare it for you. I'm doing pretty good working out regularly and eating pretty good, but still haven't gotten into the groove of preparing some of the new things I had at Fitness Ridge. I keep losing pound and inches, though, so I'm happy. Down about 6 pounds from when I got to FR! Doing a boot camp class 3-4 times per week. Ouch! You are continuing to do so well. Nothing like those beautiful hikes anywhere! My quads and gluts hurt just looking at your pictures. Way to go!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete