Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday, Bloody, Sunday - Day 20

This will be the only pic for today. Do you know why? Because it's of me actually thinking I look smaller for the first time. That's what I came here for. 1 - I wanted to get off my diabetes meds. Check. 2 - I wanted to become an athlete. Check. and 3 - I wanted to lose weight. Check. I weighed today and was down another 4.6 lbs. That's a total of 13.6 for the three weeks. How do I feel? I feel absolutely fabulous! I have tons of energy, I can do things I haven't been able to do for years, I am loving life. It's hard to believe in three short weeks this much change could happen in you life. Granted I did lose 25 lbs before coming here, but Fitness Ridge is life changing. Everyone here cares about you so much and it really makes a difference in your life. They call it a compassionate bootcamp LOL!

People ask me all the time how much it costs to come here and they are shocked and basically write it off in their minds. I am now looking at how affordable it is. What price can you put on your health? Really. How much do you think it would cost to add 10 years on to your life? I will go home saving $350 a month on medication. And what will I be able to prevent myself from getting down the road? A heart attack? Stroke? Those are very expensive things to fix. So here's the bottom line. It costs about $2,000 a week to come here. I got a better deal cause I booked for a month last Dec. before they raised the rates, but still it's not much more now. I will save that on medicines in two years!!!!!!! Listen to me when I tell you. This place works. Simply put. You learn principles to help you when you get home and if you follow them YOU WILL GET HEALTHY! There are no gimmicks, no easy button, no fancy pill. Just you, exercise, and the right food. That's all it takes. Well, that and motivation. If you are interested in booking a stay go to www.biggestloserresort.com and if you call to make a reservation tell them Dawn Mathews send you. They will give you $100 off your stay upfront. What could be better. Oh, the fact that they give me $100 too towards my next stay:) And I never thought I'd be saying this, but I will be back. No matter what size or fitness level you are at, Biggest Loser's Fitness Ridge will melt you down and build you back up again. And let me tell you, you will love the results:) I'll see you on the trail again tomorrow. Wonder what painful torment they have waiting for us? "Kill It!!!"

2 comments:

  1. Dawn,
    I am SO proud of you!! You look radiant and, yes, you DO look smaller! You really look great. I would say you look like an athlete. And, getting off your meds....PRICELESS! You have done so well. Just think....one more week and you will be home! I know you have goals for yourself, but I hope that as you get to those goals, you will just keep going. You can do anything!! Don't settle...keep it up!

    Love you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You look amazing!!! You are doing sooo great! I am very proud of all that you have done... Thank you for your example. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete