Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm Here!!!

Took the 9:30 shuttle and arrived about 12:45. Started crying right away. Ugh! Met Lisa and Leslie at the front desk who immediately make you feel like family (cried again). Called Steve to let him know I was here and got to go unpack. The rooms are amazing and mine looks out over the pool. My roomie for the week is Sandra, but we still haven't met yet. Keep missing each other. I left her some goat milk products on her side of the night stand, hopefully she will like them. I went down to get weighed, measured, BMI, fat percent etc. Looks like eating carefully in Vegas was good to me. I only weighed 2 lbs heavier today, but that was after breakfast and lunch! Woo Hoo!! Usually weigh naked when I first wake up - I know TMI!!! It's 4 pm now so we have til 5:30 before we meet for dinner. It's been a long weekend so I think I may just rest until then. Want to get a swift start in the morning. We will meet at 6:15 am to discuss the hikes and then load in the vans at 6:30. I already found two tshirts and a hoodie in the laundry room that I can wear. That's great cause I didn't have room to pack all my clothes. Looks like we will be having the stuffed chicken and choc. pie for dinner. After nearly six months of paying and planning and agonizing over this trip it's finally here! I am so excited. Say prayers for me. Don't look forward to getting homesick, but I know it will come. Scheduled a one hour massage on Wednesday cause they call that Hell Day. They work you hard and it seems that is when most people hurt the worst. See you tomorrow and any encouraging comments are appreciated:)

5 comments:

  1. Dawn,

    AWESOME! Will be praying for you and your successful return as a big skinny loser! Haha! You are already looking GREAT! Good luck with everything! Have fun! Can´t wait to hear from you again! Take care! I love ya!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it. You will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited you are finally there! You can do it, you can do anything! Keep us updated on how your doing... I'll keep you in my thoughts.

    Take Care,
    Catbob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn,

    Sorry about all the tears...hopefully, you are feeling better and really part of everything. I will be praying for you daily. I know you will do great. And, I can't wait to meet you in person next Sunday!

    If I want a massage and a haircut next week, do you think I can wait till I'm there to schedule them or should I do it before I come? Can't wait to hear how your first day goes for you!

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn

    I am glad your first week went well. We just missed each other, as I left on Sunday and you arrived. I think you followed my blog "Janet's Journey". Make sure you enjoy every minute you are there , because I really miss it. You are doing great.
    I think I miss Nicole the most, she is so encouraging.
    (I think the shirts and hoodie were mine, I am glad they are being used....when I left they were too big...:)

    ReplyDelete