Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Almost Voted Off...

 This is day one with John.  This was the first day, first hike I took, and the first picture from FR last year.  We were at this exact spot.
 Hiking Monday with my accessment group
Lower Gila Hike
Day One
Day two a Indian Woman Rock.  We just about had the same hiking group as Monday.  Love them!

Crossing the Gunlock Resevoir  on Gunlock Hike.
John, you are in so much trouble, I got a splinter in my butt!
Monkey rock!  See the eyeball?
Our morning fruit cup
Am I happy camper?  You betcha!  Sam in the kitchen gave me some green chili salsa:)
Cauliflower Soup
 Chicken salad sandwich with blueberry, walnut apple salad and strawberry dressing
Meatloaf...well, turkeyloaf and greenbeans
Crystal, they had your favorite, raspberry ricotta and crispy thingies, LOL!

We had the most fun on the hike.  I kept sliding around on the rocks and one of the guides told me, "One more time and we're voting you off."  We got a big kick out of it and it became the hike joke.  I love it here, because people are at so happy and at their best...and worst.  Transformation will do that to you.  The emotional swings can knock you off your feet and toss you down a cliff. 

I had stretch class with Kelli again.  She is really good at that class and I enjoy every minute of it.  We hiked Gunlock, a fairly new hike.  It was intense: river bed, sand LOL, creek jumping, and of course, lots of rocks and elevation.  I had a little bit of an odd day blood sugar wise.  When I got back from the hike I had a terrible headache and thought I might be dehydrated, but it turns out my bloodsugar had plummeted.  I had lunch, some almonds, and a whole banana to get me back on track and lost an hour of working out because of it.  I ended up in the pool for two hours, one with Annamarie and one with...Sharon!!!  Yikes!!!  It was deep water suspension.  You know, the one where you have to tread water with your hands on top of your head, up in the air, and with your feet only or arms only.  Are you kidding me?  Well, I can say I finished today, but how well?  I don't know.  My calorie burn for the day was 3,044 less 1,200 calories consumed for a total loss of 1,844. 

So tomorrow is Wall Wednesday.  As I am typing this I feel the stiffness setting in.  Am I going to let that stop me?  Hee...you guys know me too well for that right?  I will go out there and kick up some dust.  Come blaze the trail with me, don't just sit there on the couch eating chips reading my blog - get out there and do something...anything.  Play Big because we are all worth it.  If you schedule a 5K one month from today, trust me you can jog/walk it by then.  I promise you.  Heck you can just walk it if you want, you still get the tshirt:)  Try something new that you haven't before.  I love you guys and thank you for keeping up with me.  It is an honor every time I see that blog counter jump up a hundred or so.  Until tomorrow....

Oh and what did everyone think of the Biggest Loser finale?  Yeah, I thought so.  I'm going to bed;)




No comments:

Post a Comment