Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Say Cheese

It's my weakness. Melty, ooey, gooey, and delicious and it hates me! We all have our weakness and mine is *sigh* cheese. Why couldn't it be beets, or spinach, or radishes? Although I do like all those things, nothing compares to cheese. Today as I ran around trying to get everything done I thought about my relationship with the foods I eat. I could eat cheese on everything. Literally!!! It stems from a way back memory in my childhood where I would want a snack before bed and somehow my family thought a rolled up piece of cooked ham and cheese would be a great before bed treat. Today I have a hard time functioning without it. So what do we do with that? Do we crush the craving and never look back, totally eliminating it from our diets forever? Or do we learn how to have a non emotional relationship with it, knowing at any minute it could bring us to our knees. One of those relationships that, if it was a real person, my friends would be talking intervention! Just a thought. Don't have an answer to it. I have started to appreciate food more now that I am limiting it. Things taste better when you only have so much to savore.

One thing I am the proudest of is my bloodsugar. This morning it was 113 and I actually got dizzy several times. Guess I'll need to tweak it and start backing off from the meds some. They say at Fitness Ridge many people are able to get off their diabetes meds altogether. That's what I would look forward to most.

Tonight Grace and I went to Zumba at the Latino night club, La Rumba. I love the energy those instructors bring to the stage. I had some soup before I went though and decided that wasn't a good choice. That stuff started sloshing around and gave me a side cramp. Next time I won't eat til after class.

I only have 2 weeks and 2 days til I leave for Fitness Ridge and tomorrow is my third appointment with a trainer. I've opted to go with different trainers each week to get many opinions before I go. I'm glad I did that, because they have all been great. Love my gym!!

Goodnight to all and I hope your day was as rewarding as mine. Think about what I said with the food thing. Would love to hear what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment